Hair transplant procedure is a simple procedure for getting back your hairs but as every treatment procedure requires some or the other precaution and instruction to be followed in the hair transplant procedure also you need to follow certain precaution and instruction as suggested by the hair doctors. Some of these precaution and instructions are:
Precautions And Instructions Before Hair Transplant Procedure
- You need the following blood test done and mail us the reports or show to the doctor
- BT, CT, PT.
- HIV , HBSAG.
- BT, CT, PT
- Those who smoke, need to stop smoking to improve the graft survival rate. Avoid alcohol too.
- If you are using any minoxidil , then discontinue at least 1 week before the procedure.
- Take your antidiabetic/antihypertensive etc tablets if any ,as per your prescribed dose and time and take it even on the day of your procedure.
- Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications, for 7 days prior to surgery.
- Wear any loose buttoned shirt on the day of procedure . avoid wearing any t- shirt as this is difficult to pull over the head after procedure .
- Bring a Cap which is loose and large size which you have to wear for 2 weeks after the procedure to protect from direct sunlight, dust, radiation etc.
- Wash your hair in the morning. Do not use any hair products such as hair spray, oil, gel, etc., the morning of surgery. Shampoo your hair well before coming for the procedure. If you wear a wig, stop using it day before the procedure and afterwards. If you have any white hair on the back of the scalp , dye it with black color dye
- Have breakfast before you come to the clinic and Have a good sleep in the night
Precautions And Instructions After Hair Transplant Procedure
- After the procedure you are advised to take prescribed drugs (antibiotics, pain killers, anti- inflammatory and antacids) for 7 days.
- Visit our clinic next day for hair wash then onwards you can wash your hairs on your own gently with ammonia free shampoo (e.g Johnson & Johnson Baby shampoo) twice daily for first 2 weeks .
- AVOID washing the head under high flow shower
- NO RUBBING/SCRATCHING/PICKING/ITCHING over the grafted hair
- The donor site after FUE will heal within 5 days. After that nothing will be visible on the donor site at the back of the scalp
- Wear a loose and large size sports cap to protect from direct sunlight/dust/radiation/dryness for first 2 weeks
- Wear a sports headband on the forehead to prevent the swelling for 5 days
- Avoid weight lifting /heavy exercise/swimming/helmet for 2 weeks
- Avoid wearing t shirts for first 2 weeks.
- The swelling on the forehead, near nose and eye will sometimes come on 3 rd day and will go spontaneously within 7 days.
- The dried crust called scab surrounding the transplanted grafts will gradually fall within 10 days. The transplanted hairs start falling around 3 rd weeks .DO NOT PANIC. Roots are not shed only the hairs are shed; the roots are in dormant phase for some time.
- New hairs will come after 3rd month and improvement in density will occur till 1 year.
- Follow up can be done by sending Pictures through emails or personal visit to the clinic which are scheduled after 2 week, 3 month, 6 month and 1 year after the procedure.