Hair fall is caused by hormonal changes in men and certain other factors like stress, medication side effects, genetic, etc. Women too are the victims of hair fall but female pattern baldness is different that of men because in females DHT is not responsible for hair loss unlike I men. Below Mention Causes of hair loss:
- Lack of iron and protein is a good cause
- We often pull our hair by tying them too tight or pulling back tightly
- that causes a great damage to hair
- Male and female pattern hair Loss is caused by family history
- Thyroid diseases, such as hypothyroidism
- Chemotherapy, which is powerful medicine that destroys cancercells
- Stress, including physical stress from surgery, illness, or high fever
- As we age our hair tend to become weak and break more easily
- Physical stress, other illness can also contribute to hair loss
- Though the symptoms vary from person to person due to different causes and body types
Social Effects of Hair fall on men & women
Hair loss makes a great impact on our social life, as people start avoiding any type of social exposure. Hair is considered as a sign of good health and youth losing it makes us feel inferior and conscious of our appearance. Hair loss at a young age is actually a cause of concern.
It leads to the following social effects on men and women:
- Baldness is considered as a sign of ageing and people start judging your appearance irrespective of your age
- Hair styling makes us look stylish and due to baldness this puts full stop on our dream of looking good always
- Hair actually adds to our physical and social appearance and losing hair leads to low self-esteem
- Social dealing becomes a huge deal due to teasing factor and this causes humiliation ad feel bullied
- Facing camera becomes a big deal for those who belong to acting profession
- It causes jealousy of men or women with full heads of healthy hair
- People with hair loss or baldness start limiting their social life by avoiding friends and stop going out except to work
- Women always want to look & feel good this baldness makes them lose their self confidence
Options to stop hair fall – 1st stage of hair loss
Nothing comes easy so does the hair care regime, to maintain that there are numerous ways which can be followed to stop hair fall, the only thing which is tough is to maintain the daily regime for healthy hair. There are a number of options enlisted to stop hair loss:
- Take supplements like vitamins and proteins
- Use the right comb say a wooden comb is the perfect option
- Towel dry the right way, don’t rub your hair vigorously with towel rather go for soft cotton cloth to dry your hair
- Go for yoga and exercises
- Anti-hair fall products shampoo and serum
- Keep your scalp healthy by oiling it often and a regular head massage
- Home remedies like using head masks and hot towel, etc.
- Go for a healthy diet and avoid junk and fried food as much as possible
Though these above listed treatments have a great success rate but there are people who suffer severe hair loss can’t get much effect through home remedies and other above listed factors. The only solution for them is medical hair treatment like
hair loss can be caused due to medication effect; if this is the reason for your hair loss then your doctor might advise you to terminate that medicine course and prescribe you some of the best medicines to stop hairfall.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): it’s a serum in the foam or liquid form that you rub into your scalp twice a day to grow hair and prevent further hair loss.
- Finasteride (Propecia): this drug is only prescribed to men it’s taken in pill form daily.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy: also called the PRP treatment uses your own blood to stop hair fall or at least reduce hair fall. Using a thin needle your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into the scalp.
- Mesotherapy Treatment: This therapy neutralizes the DHT hormone, causing hair to grow again, gives vitamin boost to the scalp to improve blood circulation. Better circulation allows better nourishment leading to hair re-grow.
Options to cover bald spots & pattern on head in men and women – 2nd, 3rd stage of hair loss
Your own hair follicles are used to re grow hairs on the bald patches. In this hair follicles are extracted from the donor site (usually the back or sides of the head) and implanted on the recipient site (the bald area). It’s a day care procedure done under local anesthesia, and it takes 6-8 hours depending on the number of grafts.
Beard Transplant: it’s a procedure done to thicken up facial hair and making men look more masculine. A fairly simple procedure with minimal down time, the technique involves extracting hair follicles from back of the head the donor site and implanted into the bald or thin hair patches on face. It’s a day care procedure done under local anesthesia, and it takes 6-8 hours depending on the number of grafts.
Eyebrow Transplant: every woman dreams of having perfect arched or round eyebrow, some are born with them perfect and rest can now enjoy the fuller eye brows with eyebrow transplant. In this procedure hair follicles are extracted from the donor site and implanted on the recipient site but in a perfect manner to maintain that arch shape of the brow.
Crown Hair Restoration: crown area baldness along with hair line is the most common type of baldness among men though it happens in women also. Hair transplant is the only permanent solution to this problem.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is an advanced method of hair restoration in this an advanced punching machine is used to make minor incisions to extract hair follicles and then implant them into the recipient site. It’s a day care procedure done under local anesthesia.
Hairline Advancement: hairline describes our facial appearance due to its position either high or low. There are two types of procedure available for lowering hairline-
- MAXFUE Technique or FUE hair transplant for hairline: in this grafts are taken from the donor site and implanted in front of the existing hairline and the main hairline to increase density of present hair.
- Surgical hairline advancement: This is a surgical procedure which involves moving hairline surgically while shortening the forehead. It’s quite a bigger procedure when compared to FUE.
Front Hairline Transplant: frontal hairline adds a lot to our appearance, transplanting front hairline is not an easy task it takes expert surgical experience with artistic skills. Placement of hairline also requires implantation FUE has proven to be the best method for this.
Female Hair Transplant: FUE is the best suited option for hair & eye brow restoration. Women have different causes of hair loss than in men like-pregnancy, Pcod, stress, vitamin A and B12 deficiency, etc.
BioFUE Hair Transplant: FUE combined with bio technique for hair restoration is the most advanced method. Regenerative cells from your blood are infused into the FUE door site to make healing fast. This makes your old hair dense and new ones look natural.
Stem Cell Hair Transplant: This is a non-surgical therapy for those who require hair stimulation for hair loss. PRP is used in this procedure- your own blood is taken and centrifuged and injected the plasma into your scalp.
Body Hair Transplant: body hairs like chest, beard, legs, back, etc. are transplanted through scar less FUE technique. The roots are taken out with the help of punch using Automated FUE, without any cuts or stitches. The surgery is done under local anesthesia, and it’s a day care procedure.